British Airways is giving away 300,000 Avios each to 10 lucky Executive Club members
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Feeling lucky? If so, jump on this British Airways competition – as they’re giving away 300,000 Avios.
Yep, 10 lucky British Airways Executive Club members will get a massive 300,000 Avios added to their balance by 21st February 2023 — if they register for the offer on BA’s website by 31 January.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The catch? You do need to be over 18, living in the U.K., and you’ll also need to have been a member as of 10th January this year to be eligible for the prize.
If you meet the criteria it will take you just a few clicks to enter, and the prize is definitely good enough to make it worth your time.
To put the prize in perspective, if you were to try and earn that many Avios of your own volition you’d need to:
- Convert 480,000 Nectar points into Avios or;
- Convert 300,000 American Express Membership Rewards into Avios or;
- Spend around £183,334 on the Barclaycard Avios Plus credit card (at a rate of 1.5 Avios per £1 spent – also assuming you get the 25,000 Avios sign-up bonus) or;
- Buy 87 return trips from London Heathrow (LHR) to New York (JFK) in Economy Lowest as a Bronze Executive Club member (earning 1,730 for each flight) or;
- Buy 32 one-way flights from LHR to JFK in Business Flexible as a Bronze Executive Club member (earning 9,510 Avios for each flight).
Of course, there are plenty of ways to earn more than this… but you get the idea. That’s a lot of big numbers.
So, where could those 300,000 Avios take you, exactly?
Well, they could get you four return flights to Chicago, Dubai or New York in World Traveller (at 240,000 Avios, plus £100 each in fees), leaving 60,000 Avios to spare.
Or two of you could jet off in style, travelling return in Club World to the likes of Cape Town in South Africa, Caribbean hotspots Barbados or St Lucia, or to the bright lights of Los Angeles, California (not including fees).
If you wanted, you could use the Avios for multiple trips, combining a number of journeys to European destinations in Club Europe (from 65,000 Avios for two + a fixed £1 fee per person) – and still get a World Traveller return to the U.S. Sounds perfect.
To be in with a chance, enter the competition here.
Featured image courtesy of British Airways.
Welcome to The Points Guy!